Lawyers with Miller, Hall & Triggs will host its eleventh biennial Municipal Law Seminar on May 13, 2017 from 8:30 am to noon with lunch to be served thereafter.
This seminar focuses upon topics of interest to current and newly elected Mayors and council members, City managers and administrators, City clerks and in-house legal counsel, including:
- Economic Development and the Role of the Municipality;
- Cost Savings Achieved through Refinancing of Existing Debt;
- Code Enforcement and Property Issues;
- Recent developments in the Open Meetings Act and Freedom of Information Act;
- Avoiding Personal Liability for Municipal Officials;
- Use of Public Parks and other Public Areas – First Amendment Implications;
- Negotiations, Labor Relations and Employee Discipline; and
- Making your Meetings more Productive and Professional
The seminar will be held at the East Peoria Campus of Illinois Central College.
There is no cost to attend this seminar but registration is required. To register, please fill out the form below or contact Richard Joseph at Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org or at 309.671.9600.